Monday, February 21, 2011

Shanghai mid 1980's

Just a few years into my photographic career I got the chance to make images in several Chinese port cities as the Pearl of Scandinavia was making its first cruise along the coast. We were treated to elaborate multi-course banquets lasting hours accompanied by endless toasts - I fondly remember large cooked fish being cut up right there in front of me. I especially like this image from Shanghai and can't help think of the massive changes that city and the whole country have undergone in the last generation - the little girl in the corner has quite a different life than the smoking gents. The reflection in the window shows me shooting with the F3 and apparently I'm attracting a crowd. Wouldn't happen these days. Kodachome of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment